Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Country and western (music)
- ‘Well, I grew up with C & W starting with Hank Sr.’
- ‘If you enjoy great music, from C & W to Rock and Ballads, the Jomtien Boathouse will be the place to be on Thursday 6th.’
- ‘Their relationship was a C & W anthem made real - and Tammy stood by him until 1975.’
- ‘He takes the instrument beyond the strict C & W boundaries and into the realm of pop music.’
- ‘He and his friend Bob Montgomery took part in a school assembly programme and sang a C & W novelty tune, ‘Too Old To Cut The Mustard’.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.