One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A caesarean section.
- ‘Abdominal entry may be through an old C-section scar in the suprapubic region.’
- ‘Women who have an induction are less likely to need a C-section than women who wait for labor to start on its own.’
- ‘However, C-sections are over-utilized in this country and often medically unnecessary, but they are lifesavers when they are necessary.’
- ‘Women are undergoing C-sections at an unprecedented rate of 24 percent - increasingly without compelling medical reasons.’
- ‘Unfortunately, you're staying in a hospital because you had an emergency C-section instead of the lovely home birth you had planned.’
- ‘And according to the government study, 1.2 million C-sections are performed each year.’
- ‘The obstetrician was summoned and performed a C-section just after 4 PM.’
- ‘The rate of uterine rupture for repeat cesarean deliveries without labor for women having a previous C-section was 1.6 per 1,000 women.’
- ‘With or without C-sections, the risk is pretty small.’
- ‘Although more data are needed, C-sections may actually reduce the incidence of perinatal infection.’
- ‘He delivered a baby vaginally because there were no indications that a C-section was necessary.’
- ‘And that doctor told us that if you didn't have any regard for the mother, the actual procedure of performing a C-section is relatively, in his terms, a relatively easy procedure to perform.’
- ‘Also in a hospital acute care environment, outpatient surgeries can be delayed when surgeons or physicians are called on to deal with emergency situations such as C-sections or car wrecks.’
- ‘Team members have worked on developing efficient procedures and processes from the time a decision is made to perform a C-section on a laboring patient until they are prepared to begin surgery in the OR.’
- ‘Disadvantages include the requirement for closer intrapartum monitoring and a higher risk of infection compared to an elective C-section if a C-section is required.’
- ‘After about 12 hours of labor, the doctor insisted on a C-section because I was bleeding heavily and the contractions were very strong and irregular.’
- ‘A C-section was performed with the delivery of a 6-pound boy.’
- ‘The study authors found no significant difference between the percentage of women who required a hysterectomy: 0.2 percent in the labor group and 0.3 percent in the C-section group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.