One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It may have facilitated strong byssal attachment in turbulent shallow-water environments.’
- ‘The chemistry involved and significance, if any, to cross-linking in byssal adhesive plaques remain unknown.’
- ‘Mussels in the top layers have difficulty accessing primary substrate and must instead attach byssal threads to neighboring shells.’
- ‘The mechanical behavior of byssal threads is therefore complex, and it can be somewhat perplexing as to what function many of these unusual properties serve.’
- ‘As the right valve of the species, and accordingly the structure of its byssal area is unknown, its generic affiliation remains uncertain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.