One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the help or agency of.‘supplying water to cities by means of aqueducts’
using, utilizing, employing, through, with the help of, with the aid of, as a result of, by dint of, by way of, by virtue of, viaView synonyms
- ‘The wall and roof glazing is suspended under the external steel structure by means of point fixings.’
- ‘He sought to depict the inner reality of objects by means of meticulous physical observations.’
- ‘At their tops, these vertical elements were joined to horizontal ones by means of brass couplings.’
- ‘The places of ascent or descent are reached by means of stairways.’
- ‘He cautiously went inside by means of a small side door.’
- ‘Man had learned to irrigate the land by means of canals and ditches, and had mastered the arts of agriculture.’
- ‘The farmhouse is connected at right angles to the restaurant by means of a large utility room which then leads on to a full catering kitchen.’
- ‘Withdrawal of cash is further effected by means of encoded plastic cards utilized at computer terminals.’
- ‘As planned, I left the town by means of the Jeep just at the crack of dawn.’
- ‘Organizations exist by means of and as a result of these interactions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.