One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Through sheer strength.
- ‘He refused to comply with Henry's demand to accept a delay in payment and set about collecting his due by main force.’
- ‘Lex was carted back to the nursery by main force, and Lionel buried himself in his work, ignoring the howls that echoed down the hallway.’
- ‘The initial reflex of the regime was to do what it has always done, i.e. crushing the slightest show of opposition by main force.’
- ‘The point of the author is that the accursed sons are trying to claim the blessing given to Shem by main force, as though power and strength are our salvation.’
- ‘This caused the walls to sink and split, allowing an assault to be made on the breach by main force, hopefully bringing the siege to a speedy conclusion.’
- ‘And then we shall henceforth decide by main force what truth and goodness shall be.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.