One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exclamation of surprise.
- ‘It may not be sexy but, by jingo, there is an air about it that I believe every hard-working, middle-of-the-road New Zealander would agree with.’
- ‘By jingo, I thought, I might actually be good at this.’
- ‘By jingo, there are some good stoushes between media and governments at the moment.’
- ‘Regular folks may not be seeing Westerns much any more, but, by jingo, scholarly folks sure do love to write about 'em.’
- ‘We don't want to fight, but by jingo, if we do, We've got the ships, we've got the men, we've got the money, too.’
- ‘By jingoes I'm looking forward to seeing the footage of what Deep Impact's up to on Monday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.