One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of several isomeric hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum and used to make polymers and in organic synthesis.
Chemical formula: C₄H₈
- ‘Did your run across any work on the concentration of butylenes by absorption prior to alkylation?’
- ‘Its production can be increased by the same methods discussed above to increase the yield of total butylenes.’
- ‘Cracking crude oil based feedstocks such as naphtha or gas oil yields higher ratios of the ethylene co-products propylene, butylenes and butadiene plus the aromatic products benzene, toluene, xylenes along with other co-products.’
- ‘These alkoxynitriles are known from the above patents to dissolvebutadiene - 1,3 in preference to the less unsaturated butylenes and butanes.’
- ‘Therefore if all the caustic soluble oxygen re-entered the butylenes in the extractor, the butylenes would contain far less than the 20 wppm. maximum specification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.