One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic antioxidant used to preserve fats and oils in foods, medicinal drugs, and cosmetics.
- ‘Check out whether sodium benzoate, butylated hydroxytoluene, or just about any other food additive is safe or unsafe by visiting our on-line Chemical Cuisine section.’
- ‘Propionic acid and its salts, ascorbic acid, butylated hydroxy anisole, butylated hydroxytoluene, benzoates, sodium nitrite, and citric acid are added to foods to maintain their palatability and wholesomeness.’
- ‘And check to ensure that the ingredients are free of chemical preservatives such as ethoxyquin, butylated hydroxyanisole and butylated hydroxytoluene.’
- ‘Phosphoric acid, TBA and butylated hydroxytoluene were added to the pellet, and the reaction mixture was boiled for 30 min.’
- ‘The ethanol used, contained butylated hydroxytoluene as an antioxidant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.