One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of four isomeric alcohols used as solvents and in organic synthesis.
- ‘The latter symptoms, often described as a ‘drunk’ feeling, possibly resulted from tertiary butyl alcohol - a major metabolic product of MTBE in humans.’
- ‘Generally, methyl alcohol is the most corrosive and butyl alcohol is least corrosive.’
- ‘Hearing loss has been reported in workers chronically exposed to butyl alcohol.’
- ‘Tissue dehydration was accomplished by submerging samples in a series of ethanol: tertiary butyl alcohol, and embedding them in small blocks of solid paraffin.’
- ‘This invention relates to a method for separating tetrachloroethylene from the butyl alcohols using certain organic compounds as the agent in extractive distillation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.