One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘No starched apron-bib is sullied, no long straight gilet is crumpled, no cuff or kirtle torn or buttonless, no bold tricorne hat askew.’
- ‘Baggy white pants with patches and a shrunken, buttonless vest was not his idea of a good costume.’
- ‘These new buttonless lifts - known as ‘destination elevators’ - are springing up in new buildings all over the world, promising to speed rides and reduce waiting time.’
- ‘The buttonless phone features a touch-sensitive interface and eight gigabyte internal storage as well as a two megapixel camera similar to the iPhone.’
- ‘From a design standpoint, these new buttonless elevators in populated metro areas are great.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.