One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A low-growing North American aquatic shrub of the bedstraw family, with small tubular flowers that form globular flower heads.
- ‘Butterflies feasted on purple asters, and dragonflies zigzagged over the buttonbushes, which bore a crop of round, dry fruits.’
- ‘Shrubs of buttonbush and elderberry are frequent beneath the overstory and form dense thickets wherever an opening occurs.’
- ‘Common buttonbush is the most abundant shrub, though bastard false indigo and silverling are also present.’
- ‘Native shrubs scattered beneath the canopy include buttonbush, dahoon holly, Virginia willow and wax myrtle.’
- ‘Native buttonbush and Southern wax myrtle put up with poor drainage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.