A yellow-flowered plant of the daisy family, closely related to ragwort.
- ‘Tall butterweed also has well developed upper leaves and is in much drier habitats.’
- ‘Layne's butterweed grows in open rocky areas of gabbro and serpentine soils within chaparral plant communities.’
- ‘Streambank butterweed is found from British Columbia south to California, and east to Saskatchewan and New Mexico.’
- ‘Layne's butterweed often grows in gaps in chaparral.’
- ‘Among them, butterweed is a cool-season annual that usually grows to 18 to 20 inches tall.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.