Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A yellow-flowered plant of the daisy family, closely related to ragwort.
- ‘Layne's butterweed often grows in gaps in chaparral.’
- ‘Streambank butterweed is found from British Columbia south to California, and east to Saskatchewan and New Mexico.’
- ‘Among them, butterweed is a cool-season annual that usually grows to 18 to 20 inches tall.’
- ‘Tall butterweed also has well developed upper leaves and is in much drier habitats.’
- ‘Layne's butterweed grows in open rocky areas of gabbro and serpentine soils within chaparral plant communities.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.