One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A class of lettuce varieties having soft leaves that grow in a loose head.
- ‘A single butterhead lettuce plant provides enough lettuce for a salad for 2 people.’
- ‘Judging by the deep colour of its leaves, Neva's green leaf, red leaf and butterhead lettuces would pack more nutrients than its bleach blond counterparts.’
- ‘A curly lettuce is a new Dutch cross between crisphead and butterhead lettuce and marketed in Europe.’
- ‘Buttercrunch produces larger heads than most butterhead lettuce and is very tolerant of heat.’
- ‘Clean butterhead lettuce under running water and then lightly pat it dry with an absorbent paper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.