Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Chinese buddleia that is cultivated in the West for its large spikes of fragrant purplish-lilac or white flowers, which are highly attractive to butterflies.
- ‘Both butterflies and gardeners love the butterfly bush.’
- ‘I like a lot of white, and I have a couple of small white oleanders and a white butterfly bush.’
- ‘You may want to include the aptly-named butterfly bush.’
- ‘The common butterfly bush is a summer treat.’
- ‘One example is buddleia, or butterfly bush, a shrubby perennial that benefits from hard pruning.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.