One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Chinese buddleia that is cultivated in the West for its large spikes of fragrant purplish-lilac or white flowers, which are highly attractive to butterflies.
- ‘The common butterfly bush is a summer treat.’
- ‘You may want to include the aptly-named butterfly bush.’
- ‘One example is buddleia, or butterfly bush, a shrubby perennial that benefits from hard pruning.’
- ‘Both butterflies and gardeners love the butterfly bush.’
- ‘I like a lot of white, and I have a couple of small white oleanders and a white butterfly bush.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.