One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The natural fat contained in milk and dairy products.
- ‘They regularly receive quality bonuses for high butterfat and milk solids and low SCC (somatic cell count) - a strong sign that they're on the right track with their management.’
- ‘But the best thing, says Cheryl, is the fact that Nigerian milk has extremely high butterfat and protein content.’
- ‘It might be that English double cream has more butterfat than American heavy cream; it sure did whip up fast.’
- ‘They supply well over half of India's milk and their butterfat is the major source of ghee.’
- ‘Milking was still done by hand and when George thought that Silverwood Dairy was inaccurately measuring butterfat, he bought a separator and sold cream instead of milk.’
- ‘The $6.01 price difference translates to more than 51 cents per gallon of farm milk with 3.5 percent butterfat.’
- ‘However, their milk is higher in protein and butterfat - important ingredients for cheesemakers.’
- ‘Jerseys are nice little cows and they do give the richest milk - full of butterfat.’
- ‘Existing bans on products such as whole milk powder, milk, cream, ice cream and some butterfat products will also be lifted.’
- ‘Milk from Jersey cows has a higher content of butterfat, minerals and protein.’
- ‘The butterfat in the milk will nourish the skin.’
- ‘Just in time for the holiday season, the new Ultra Creamy is made with a pint of fresh cream and contains 83% butterfat, yielding flakier pastries, richer sauces and smoother frostings.’
- ‘The first certified-organic dairy west of the Mississippi, Straus produces everything from cream-top whole milk and Monterey Jack cheese to 35 percent butterfat whipping cream.’
- ‘Everything is strictly dairy (that means 11% butterfat from milk and cream, so not like those airy, margariney blocks you used to get at school) and the flavours are strictly traditional.’
- ‘It is ridiculous that Department officials check issues in relation to butterfat but not milk protein which is now a major component of milk price.’
- ‘Unit sales rose 2.6 percent for the same period, reflecting steadying milk and butterfat prices after a year of wild fluctuation.’
- ‘All are made without the dairy derivatives lactose, butterfat, milk, whey and casein.’
- ‘Despite the various nutritional uses of milk and milk products, butterfat of which the fat is separated is also used as an ointment for women's skin and hair.’
- ‘Product is weighed, checked for butterfat content and product integrity.’
- ‘The value of protein is up to twice that of butterfat in every litre of milk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.