Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small service and storage room between a kitchen and a dining room.
- ‘And a nearby butler's pantry with built-in grill, under-counter refrigerator, and microwave diminishes kitchen congestion.’
- ‘These are the butler's pantry, the private kitchen, and the swimming pool changing rooms.’
- ‘Leading from the dining room into the kitchen, a butler's pantry offers up more built-in embellishments.’
- ‘A large guest bathroom, a butler's pantry and a service kitchen complete the accommodation at this level - the latter is fitted with white oak cupboards, granite worktops and a range of appliances.’
- ‘‘The kitchen was originally in the back and cut off by a butler's pantry,’ she explains.’
- ‘The rest of the garden level accommodation comprises two bedrooms, a butler's pantry, wine cellar, guest bathroom and utility room, and should offer the new owners a good deal of flexibility.’
- ‘‘It was like a mini-mansion, with its front and back stairways and the butler's pantry,’ Jacqueline says of her first impression.’
- ‘Today's kitchens come with a butler's pantry integrated into the kitchen or slightly off to the side.’
- ‘With the help of architect Michael Graham, William and Robin were able to transform the old kitchen and an adjacent butler's pantry into a welcoming, light-filled room.’
- ‘He designed a looping floor plan joining the entry to the distant family room by two wide hallways containing a butler's pantry and a home office.’
- ‘An original butler's pantry, too decrepit to salvage but architecturally intact enough, served as a model.’
- ‘For example, the living quarters had no private kitchen, just a butler's pantry.’
- ‘This is especially important with the floor-to-ceiling butler's pantry unit; cabinets with solid-wood doors would have seemed a visual barrier.’
- ‘This leads to a butler's pantry with a tiled floor and original fitted units.’
- ‘Three different suite options are available; the largest being the Presidential Suite and featuring three bedrooms and bathrooms, a guest parlour and butler's pantry.’
- ‘When the Notmans bought the house, it had 13 bedrooms and a butler's pantry.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.