One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, broad-bladed knife used for cutting meat.
- ‘He poked the dead animal's great bloated belly with his butcher knife, you could hear the air coming out, a stream of liquid squirted out like a lazy geyser, you could smell it.’
- ‘A month after that, I found a butcher knife in my front yard.’
- ‘A large, sleek, pretty, shining butcher knife plunged into his skull.’
- ‘Damon sighed, and threw the butcher knife on the table.’
- ‘I held a cool butcher knife in my blood-covered hands.’
- ‘With that, he pulls a large butcher knife from a nearby rack of steak knives and charges at Irene.’
- ‘Yes but she's still yelling about chopping your head off with a butcher knife.’
- ‘The woman forced her daughter into a bathtub after making a few more cuts on her arms with a butcher knife to make it look like there was an intense struggle.’
- ‘She looked at me as if I had a butcher knife sticking out of my skull, ‘Okay… what's wrong?’’
- ‘Some scenes included a butcher knife and mallet.’
- ‘One unlucky boy charged at her with a butcher knife.’
- ‘Zoe pressed the butcher knife into Sam's limp fingers.’
- ‘I reached out for a knife and noticed that the butcher knife was gone and then I was pulled from behind by a very, very strong arm.’
- ‘In one bony, skeletal hand it clutched a large butcher knife.’
- ‘His voice sounded horrible, as if he'd swallowed a butcher knife.’
- ‘A man murdered his mother, his sister, and his wife with a 12-inch butcher knife.’
- ‘‘So I stayed in the bathroom, complete with the phone and the butcher knife, until about ten o'clock,’ Audrey laughed.’
- ‘As you know, I was about to stick a butcher knife in his hand and see if he could hold it, but then I thought better of it.’
- ‘Then, on the very night they were to run away together, someone murders John with a butcher knife in the Hollis summerhouse.’
- ‘She then saw the large butcher knife that he held tightly in his right hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.