One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A preparation of phenylbutazone used to reduce pain and inflammation.
- ‘Many people from both sides agree, however, that the use of Lasix and Butazolidin is getting out of control.’
- ‘The Butazolidin injection would be used the day before the race as a pre-race treatment.’
- ‘To stop that practice, every major racing state now requires that no trace of Butazolidin remain in a horse's system on the day of a race.’
- ‘It was later discovered the jockey was self-administering a veterinary preparation of Butazolidin to help overcome a pain-related problem.’
- ‘Since its introduction in 1952 perhaps 100 million people have been given Butazolidin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.