One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of two isomeric liquid alcohols used as solvents; butyl alcohol.
- ‘However, the company admits that three chemicals capable of causing cancer - ammonia, nitrous oxide and butanol - exist in levels exceeding occupation exposure limits.’
- ‘Recent work in our laboratory has explored the clustering behaviour of organic polar solvents such as methanol, 6 ethanol and butanol.’
- ‘Digestion products were loaded on silica gel TLC, developed in butanol: acetic acid: water and stained with thymol - H 2 SO 4.’
- ‘Butyl acetate, butanol, hexyl acetate, and hexanol present in whole fruit were analysed by grinding 250 g of melon flesh in liquid nitrogen.’
- ‘It has been recently shown that fusel alcohols, notably butanol, induce filamentous growth in haploid cells on both solid and liquid media.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.