One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The study of economics and management, especially as an educational topic.
- ‘If he were education minister, he said, business studies would become compulsory on the primary school curriculum.’
- ‘Wednesday will be tough with biology and business studies.’
- ‘The transition year course also covered some leaving certificate cycle subjects such as physics, biology, business studies and art.’
- ‘Sheila Harris, who teaches business studies and economics at the school, entered the students for the competition.’
- ‘Before that she held various lecturing positions in economics and business studies.’
- ‘She is a native of Limerick, where she studied business studies and French, specialising in marketing, in the University of Limerick.’
- ‘Owen Weller, 17, from Faringdon, is studying maths, business studies, English and chemistry.’
- ‘I did business studies and theatre studies at A-level and when I finished I came out of school still not knowing what I wanted to do.’
- ‘The certification is for courses done in business studies, computer studies, childcare, art and craft and general studies.’
- ‘All of her class requirements were there - a full schedule containing hours of math courses and business studies.’
- ‘This course provides a very solid grounding in business studies.’
- ‘During this time she studied for a postgraduate qualification in business studies and then got an MBA equivalent in marketing.’
- ‘A series of informative seminars on business studies, engineering courses and student visas will also run simultaneously.’
- ‘The scholarships are granted for first degree courses in engineering, mathematics, physics and business studies.’
- ‘Finally, students undertaking business studies, even they were in their first year at university, scored better.’
- ‘I've A-levels in biology and business studies.’
- ‘The site will be used mainly for business studies and information technology, but any student or staff member will be able to use the it.’
- ‘I passed my French A level last summer so can concentrate on the maths, music and business studies.’
- ‘Engineering and business studies have recently been added to the list.’
- ‘She will take up a music scholarship at Marlborough College in September and will begin studying for A levels in music, business studies, religious studies and maths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.