Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process or activity of restructuring a company's organization and methods, especially to exploit the capabilities of computers.
- ‘Taylor's influence is also seen in more recent developments such as ‘total quality management’, ‘just-in-time production’, and business process re-engineering.’
- ‘In spite of this, reengineering created renewed interest in business process redesign, making it the most widely practiced form of organizational development in the year 2000.’
- ‘The concept of business process re-engineering is currently popular and based on organizing the activities of a company around processes that create value as perceived by customers.’
- ‘In the early 1990s, business process reengineering replaced total quality management as the predominant school of thought regarding business process redesign.’
- ‘Table 9.3 summarizes the main differences between organizational learning and business process re-engineering.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.