Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A design for the successful operation of a business, identifying revenue sources, customer base, products, and details of financing.‘many of the free sites have either shifted their business model or have gone out of business completely’
- ‘For two generations now the business model in music has revolved around the album.’
- ‘The company means to help customers react to spikes in demand or a changing business model with a bit more ease.’
- ‘Analysts said the City would watch closely to see which business model worked out better.’
- ‘The biggest single issue for this business model is the trust of prospective buyers.’
- ‘The franchising business model has flourished in Ireland over the last decade.’
- ‘The traditional business model in scientific journal publishing is based on subscription charges to readers.’
- ‘It is clearly one of the leaders in its field but the business model on which it was based just didn't cut the mustard.’
- ‘They love the business model, and they want to get in for whatever price they can.’
- ‘This business model may not scale well, but you don't need to be a big success to make a nice pot of money.’
- ‘He later expanded the same business model to Manila as a base for South East Asia.’
- ‘We want to be profitable and we have proved that our business model is real, scaleable and successful.’
- ‘The company is changing its business model away from reliance on revenue sharing.’
- ‘Another key question for operators is which business model to adopt for broadcast.’
- ‘The content industry needs to take a step back and see the bigger picture to find a new business model.’
- ‘I needed to come up with a business model that continued to make me money, and so do musicians.’
- ‘That's because the cell phone industry has figured out a business model that works.’
- ‘The key priority for his business is sourcing, adding a layer of complexity to the business model.’
- ‘It's not easy to discern a business model when hard information is difficult to come by.’
- ‘This might be a business model for a broking house, but it is not a banking plan.’
- ‘The software industry seems to think the tobacco industry business model is a good one.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.