One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
prattle, chatter, twitter, babble, talk, prating, gabble, jabber, blether, ramblingView synonyms
- ‘That's bushwa, this mirror and its brother mirror were created for my mother.’
- ‘Not only is this bushwah: it is pernicious bushwah.’
- ‘What we have here is more of the ivory tower, laissez-faire bushwa that substitutes for thinking in this corporatized administration.’
- ‘I thought it'd help us cut through the bushwah and make it easier for me to help you.’
- ‘That's a lot of Bushwa. That's a lot of nonsense.’
1920s: apparently a euphemism for bullshit.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.