Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Skill at living in the bush.
- ‘This is bushcraft - using ancient knowledge to work as one with nature.’
- ‘Mears is currently taking a break from TV work to help teach at his own school of wilderness bushcraft, but promised that he has more books and TV series planned.’
- ‘Bushrangers survived by being skilled in bushcraft, but the bush generally did not afford them a living.’
- ‘During the week, the 24 contestants will be divided into teams of six and will learn about basic survival techniques and bushcraft.’
- ‘The competition tested a range of abilities, including navigation, bushcraft, fitness, observation courses and general military knowledge.’
- ‘It was back when we were in cadets and she was learning some of the bushcraft and hiking skills.’
- ‘Generations of bushcraft knowledge is passed onto children’
- ‘The other half of the school week is run by the adult Aboriginal students themselves, teaching the white teachers - and others - Aboriginal skills like language, bushcraft, anthropology, traditional practices.’
- ‘This weekend I'm going tramping in the Tararuas, learning some bushcraft off-track.’
- ‘He's the BBC's bushcraft specialist and keeps winding up his programmes by explaining that we have much to learn from whatever ancient tribe he's been with that week.’
- ‘The walls were covered with posters and diagrams of bushcraft items, like maps, compasses and radios Casey had never seen before.’
- ‘They'll be taught how to make fire and other types of bushcraft.’
- ‘The proficient practitioner of bushcraft anticipates his or her needs before it gets dark.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.