One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who flies small aircraft into remote areas.
- ‘Most pilot fatalities come from general aviation; bush pilots, air-taxi pilots, and crop-dusters die at a far higher rate than airline pilots.’
- ‘This is the kind of weather that causes multiple-day delays for bush pilots and trekkers.’
- ‘In 1948, the Air Force officially dedicated the installation and named it in honor of Col. Carl Ben Eielson, Alaska's pioneer bush pilot.’
- ‘Descending into camp, the bush pilot spotted a flattened tent, and a large grizzly on top of what looked like a human body.’
- ‘A chance remark by a bush pilot who had seen some arrowheads led Hopkins to Trail Creek, in the remote Seward Peninsula.’
- ‘Bailey Lockhart is a bush pilot, pitting her wits against the wilderness and against the various frustrated men who set their sights on her.’
- ‘Lance had flown in for the evening, as had bush pilot, hunting guide, and camp head Jamie Wilson and his hunting partner, Derek Littleton.’
- ‘In fact so bad were the fires, the bush pilots often had difficulty finding the scrub airfield.’
- ‘Being a bush pilot and flying businessmen and hunters around the Northwest left a good amount of time for a side business of leatherwork.’
- ‘Founder Noel Wien was a true pioneering Alaskan bush pilot about which many incredible stories have been told.’
- ‘All of us are former bush pilots and many of us flew the Canso fire bombers.’
- ‘Deluce's father, Stanley, a bush pilot, founded the Timmins-based White River Air, which acquired Austin Airways in 1974 and later took over London-based Air Ontario in 1981.’
- ‘Pack the family car or four-wheel drive, head for your nearest travel agent, book a package by train, plane or bus, even thumb a ride with a friendly bush pilot or perhaps saddle up a camel.’
- ‘Imagine that you are a South African bush pilot.’
- ‘I was told that Wiley Hart is the best bush pilot in Alaska and that's who I want.’
- ‘Now I waited for my bush pilot, who was scheduled to ferry me even farther north to the edge of the Beaufort Sea to meet up with my backpacking partners.’
- ‘Even the only steady job the man's ever had reflects his need to be moving - he was a bush pilot, flying supplies and people in and out of civilization in Northern Quebec.’
- ‘Most bush pilots recommend leaving cowl flaps closed in bitterly cold weather, especially during the warm-up.’
- ‘A capable airplane, this darling of bush pilots was soon employed in an unusual academic research program in the early 1950s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.