One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wild pig native to the forests and savannas of Africa and Madagascar.
Potamochoerus porcus and P. larvatus, family Suidae
- ‘Perhaps it was a bush pig that would grunt and snuffle away when it spotted her.’
- ‘Dogs are usually kept for hunting small game such as bush pig and duiker (a small antelope).’
- ‘While we were accustomed to hunting hippo, bush pig and other game, James was an ‘elephant man’.’
- ‘In addition to its star gorillas, Bwindi is host to elephant, bush pig, giant forest hog and over 300 species of birds including rare forest birds.’
- ‘Certain prey like bush pig and warthog, with their razor-sharp tusks, are handled differently from the horned and kicking antelopes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.