One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small nocturnal tree-dwelling African primate with very large eyes.
Genus Galago, family Lorisidae, suborder Prosimii: several speciesAlso called galago
- ‘The island has a colony of flying foxes, bushbabies, monkeys, squirrels and monitor lizards.’
- ‘Only in recent decades have prosimians - a suborder of primates that includes lemurs, lorises, bushbabies, and tarsiers - begun to be studied systematically.’
- ‘These new finds double the age of the sparse fossil record for lorises and bushbabies, which with lemurs make up a primate group called the strepsirrhines.’
- ‘However, the rate of GH evolution in the bushbaby (a prosimian) was similar to those in nonprimates.’
- ‘The small cats, bushbabies, hares and hyenas had particularly bright eyeshine, while a herd of wildebeest, sitting, standing, feeding, resting, looked like a string of Christmas lights hanging crazily over the plains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.