Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small nocturnal tree-dwelling African primate with very large eyes.Also called galago
- ‘These new finds double the age of the sparse fossil record for lorises and bushbabies, which with lemurs make up a primate group called the strepsirrhines.’
- ‘The small cats, bushbabies, hares and hyenas had particularly bright eyeshine, while a herd of wildebeest, sitting, standing, feeding, resting, looked like a string of Christmas lights hanging crazily over the plains.’
- ‘The island has a colony of flying foxes, bushbabies, monkeys, squirrels and monitor lizards.’
- ‘Only in recent decades have prosimians - a suborder of primates that includes lemurs, lorises, bushbabies, and tarsiers - begun to be studied systematically.’
- ‘However, the rate of GH evolution in the bushbaby (a prosimian) was similar to those in nonprimates.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.