One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A roofed structure for people to wait under at a bus stop.
- ‘Pandu said he was waiting at a bus shelter when the bomb exploded.’
- ‘He was arrested and admitted slapping the bus shelter.’
- ‘Even on Christmas Day I had to walk past several youths at the top bus shelter who appeared to have been drinking and were shouting abuse at people passing by.’
- ‘The interview is conducted in a freezing bus shelter.’
- ‘For spectators without wheels, there's a bus shelter, but very little else to occupy the hours until these youngsters are due home again.’
- ‘When I was a boy we had the best bus shelter and toilet facilities in the country but like most things in Bessbrook they were pulled down.’
- ‘A planning application has been submitted for the new bus shelter roof and is due to be considered by councillors by the end of the month.’
- ‘There's currently a project where the children are designing a mural for the bus shelter which had previously been covered in graffiti.’
- ‘Last week, one teenager was arrested on suspicion of vandalising a bus shelter in Barnett Wood Lane and another was given an official caution.’
- ‘After school, I sat out near the bus shelter waiting for mama, but she didn't come.’
- ‘She had no money and it was late at night - if I hadn't picked her up she would have had no other choice than to sleep in a bus shelter on the street.’
- ‘The timetable board on the bus shelter has been damaged.’
- ‘We have a concrete bus shelter which provides no ‘shelter’ from the weather.’
- ‘It should be noted that if the proposal is agreed, there is no intention for a bus shelter or stop in Tewkesbury Road; the stop would remain at The Bell.’
- ‘A bus shelter should, surely, provide shelter from the weather.’
- ‘And at about 2.30 pm the vandals went one further when a plastic-windowed bus shelter was gutted by fire.’
- ‘As yet the bus shelter has not been replaced or moved.’
- ‘Kynan led me to his bus stop and we waited just outside the bus shelter.’
- ‘Improvements have included new benches and cycle stands, widened pavements, an upgraded bus shelter and traffic calming.’
- ‘You know, I was sitting in the bus shelter, waiting for Ray to come and finish her dance practice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.