One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is to drive a bus.‘the police were called following reports of an argument between a passenger and the bus driver’
- ‘The bus driver didn't look up, so I flashed my pass in front of him then walked toward the back of the bus.’
- ‘Friends, family and awed passers-by stood to watch the glorious procession, and bus drivers leaned out their windows to shake our hands.’
- ‘Our bus driver uses the horn more than the clutch, honking at every vehicle or pedestrian.’
- ‘Bus drivers blare their horns while frustrated passengers fume.’
- ‘A bus driver is facing disciplinary action after he spent an entire bus journey sending and receiving text messages.’
- ‘No-one on the bus is reported injured, although the bus driver is said to be "shaken".’
- ‘The company foresees bus drivers using the system to alert the authorities to obstructions likes cars parked in bus lanes.’
- ‘The beleaguered bus drivers on this run often take alternate routes or abandon the clogged freeway for city streets.’
- ‘The bus driver swerves to miss the woman.’
- ‘I realised that it was my stop so I got up and waved goodbye to Sakura and smiled at the kind bus driver.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.