One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is to drive a bus.‘the police were called following reports of an argument between a passenger and the bus driver’
- ‘The beleaguered bus drivers on this run often take alternate routes or abandon the clogged freeway for city streets.’
- ‘No-one on the bus is reported injured, although the bus driver is said to be "shaken".’
- ‘Our bus driver uses the horn more than the clutch, honking at every vehicle or pedestrian.’
- ‘The bus driver swerves to miss the woman.’
- ‘The bus driver didn't look up, so I flashed my pass in front of him then walked toward the back of the bus.’
- ‘Friends, family and awed passers-by stood to watch the glorious procession, and bus drivers leaned out their windows to shake our hands.’
- ‘The company foresees bus drivers using the system to alert the authorities to obstructions likes cars parked in bus lanes.’
- ‘I realised that it was my stop so I got up and waved goodbye to Sakura and smiled at the kind bus driver.’
- ‘Bus drivers blare their horns while frustrated passengers fume.’
- ‘A bus driver is facing disciplinary action after he spent an entire bus journey sending and receiving text messages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.