One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is to collect fares and sell tickets on a bus.‘he began his career as a bus conductor for the Eastern National Omnibus Company’
- ‘At the entrance, the bus conductor slowly checked the tickets of the passengers.’
- ‘Bus conductors blew whistles, lorries honked horns.’
- ‘Some recounted how they had been sold fake tickets by conmen posing as bus conductors.’
- ‘Within weeks of her arrival she landed on her feet, securing a job with West Midlands as a bus conductor.’
- ‘"The fog was so bad many bus conductors were walking in front of their buses with flares."’
- ‘I worked as a bus conductor for five years and I know how to stand straight in a running bus.’
- ‘The agents of social enforcement, such as park keepers, caretakers and bus conductors, have disappeared.’
- ‘Jaya, a bus conductor, complains that they are not being paid enough to make ends meet.’
- ‘The bus conductor came by to examine passengers' tickets.’
- ‘Although bus conductors issue tickets to every commuter in the City limits, it is not the case with the conductors in suburban buses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.