One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of a bursa, typically one in the knee, elbow or shoulder.
- ‘In patients with retrocalcaneal bursitis, the retrocalcaneal bursa should be completely excised.’
- ‘Don't do this exercise if you have active tendinitis or bursitis in your shoulders.’
- ‘In tendonitis or bursitis, joint movements against resistance elicit pain.’
- ‘Pain on the outside of the hip is often due to inflammation called trochanteric bursitis.’
- ‘Periarticular disorders, such as anserine, infrapatellar or prepatellar bursitis, should be ruled out.’
- ‘The shoulder pain was an overuse syndrome that resulted in bursitis, and the headaches were muscle-contraction type.’
- ‘Falls onto the lateral hip and overuse injuries (especially common in runners and dancers) are the most common causes of trochanteric bursitis.’
- ‘Inflammation of a bursa is called bursitis, which most often occurs in shoulders, knees, elbows and hips.’
- ‘Whether you're at work or at play, if you overuse or repetitively stress the area around your body's joints, you may eventually develop a painful inflammation called bursitis.’
- ‘Although bursitis and tendinitis often improve with home treatment, a ruptured Achilles tendon usually requires surgical repair.’
- ‘There is an association of retrocalcaneal bursitis with rheumatoid arthritis seen in up to 10% of patients with this disease.’
- ‘Iliopsoas bursitis is characterized by deep groin pain, sometimes radiating to the anterior hip or thigh, often accompanied by a snapping sensation.’
- ‘Painless swelling of the posterior elbow at the outer tip of the olecranon in a patient complaining of repetitive friction to the elbow indicates olecranon bursitis.’
- ‘A typical injury associated with contusion was traumatic olecranon bursitis.’
- ‘Retrocalcaneal bursitis usually affects middle-aged and elderly patients but can also occur in athletes as a result of overuse.’
- ‘Finally, calcaneal bursitis should be associated with a swelling over the calcaneous.’
- ‘There is often accompanying tendinosis or bursitis.’
- ‘The knee isn't affected as severely by bursitis as by arthritis.’
- ‘If the symptoms of olecranon bursitis are recurrent, corticosteroid injection may be performed.’
- ‘This is the second most common type of mechanically induced heel pain, caused by inflammation of the Achilles tendon and bursitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.