Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of a bursa, typically one in the knee, elbow or shoulder.
- ‘Don't do this exercise if you have active tendinitis or bursitis in your shoulders.’
- ‘Finally, calcaneal bursitis should be associated with a swelling over the calcaneous.’
- ‘Whether you're at work or at play, if you overuse or repetitively stress the area around your body's joints, you may eventually develop a painful inflammation called bursitis.’
- ‘The shoulder pain was an overuse syndrome that resulted in bursitis, and the headaches were muscle-contraction type.’
- ‘Pain on the outside of the hip is often due to inflammation called trochanteric bursitis.’
- ‘There is an association of retrocalcaneal bursitis with rheumatoid arthritis seen in up to 10% of patients with this disease.’
- ‘Retrocalcaneal bursitis usually affects middle-aged and elderly patients but can also occur in athletes as a result of overuse.’
- ‘Periarticular disorders, such as anserine, infrapatellar or prepatellar bursitis, should be ruled out.’
- ‘The knee isn't affected as severely by bursitis as by arthritis.’
- ‘If the symptoms of olecranon bursitis are recurrent, corticosteroid injection may be performed.’
- ‘Iliopsoas bursitis is characterized by deep groin pain, sometimes radiating to the anterior hip or thigh, often accompanied by a snapping sensation.’
- ‘Although bursitis and tendinitis often improve with home treatment, a ruptured Achilles tendon usually requires surgical repair.’
- ‘There is often accompanying tendinosis or bursitis.’
- ‘Inflammation of a bursa is called bursitis, which most often occurs in shoulders, knees, elbows and hips.’
- ‘Painless swelling of the posterior elbow at the outer tip of the olecranon in a patient complaining of repetitive friction to the elbow indicates olecranon bursitis.’
- ‘This is the second most common type of mechanically induced heel pain, caused by inflammation of the Achilles tendon and bursitis.’
- ‘In tendonitis or bursitis, joint movements against resistance elicit pain.’
- ‘In patients with retrocalcaneal bursitis, the retrocalcaneal bursa should be completely excised.’
- ‘Falls onto the lateral hip and overuse injuries (especially common in runners and dancers) are the most common causes of trochanteric bursitis.’
- ‘A typical injury associated with contusion was traumatic olecranon bursitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.