Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A semisoft white Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream.‘the menu includes burrata served with charred cherry tomatoes and toasted garlic crostini’
- ‘Antipasti include saffron tiger prawns or truffled burrata.’
- ‘Mantuano has put freshly handmade burrata on the menu at his wine bar, pairing it with garlic toasts and leeks.’
- ‘He was particularly excited about a delicately flavored burrata from Brooklyn he plans to serve over toasted garlic bread.’
- ‘From a list of salads, a small portion of terrifically creamy burrata nonetheless starred in a winning interplay of textures and flavors.’
- ‘Like the burrata and greens, most of the food at La Scarbitta is simple, fresh, essential.’
- ‘There are also more expensive mozzarella wraps, with prosciutto, Parmesan and arugula tucked inside, a breaded mozzarella with prosciutto, and burrata, a sac of mozzarella filled with cream and bits of cheese.’
- ‘Caponata is delicious served as a sharing dish or you could try matching it up with mozzarella or creamy burrata.’
- ‘If you cannot find burrata cheese you can substitute fresh mozzarella instead.’
- ‘Two of my dining companions opted for the burrata with heirloom tomatoes, which was out of this world.’
- ‘Break the burrata on to the caponata or leave it whole, scatter the basil over and drizzle with a little olive oil.’
Italian, literally buttered.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.