One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For instance, a manufacturer may recommend that its floor covering be maintained with a high-speed burnisher.’
- ‘When dry, the gold is burnished with a hooked or rounded tool called a burnisher.’
- ‘With these first impressions, I work back into the plate with a scraper, burnisher and emery paper to enhance the lights and accent the motif.’
- ‘No former president has had a hankering to be more than a memoirist, or reputation burnisher.’
- ‘Finally, burnishing and polishing of the wood is carried out with burnishers and abrasives of varying texture and refinement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.