One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Moreover, Thomas Carlyle and Satie's mother were both Scottish, not English, and the burningly radical Carlyle was not exactly ‘a conservative thinker’.’
- ‘There are few things I definitely, absolutely, burningly desire to own.’
- ‘I hiss slightly, burningly angry that they did that.’
- ‘I don't think anybody could live that burningly honest all the time.’
- ‘The two seem to merge, briefly and burningly, in the poem ‘Max,’ in which the speaker mourns all that she has lost, both personal and public.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.