One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who sleeps in an adjoining bunk or who shares one's sleeping quarters.
- ‘The next day his counselor goofed off with mine, giving my bunkmates and I piggy-back rides.’
- ‘She fought often with bunkmates and counselors and was hard to control.’
- ‘When we finally reach Ariel's cabin, the counselors are cheery and welcoming, but her bunkmates are sitting on their beds like astronauts about to be launched on a rocket they know is defective.’
- ‘Or perhaps you guys were bunkmates at sleepaway camp… or have been bumming around Beach City, where your families vacation all season.’
- ‘Eventually, Vicky and Amanda, two of my bunkmates, showed up, followed by the rest of my cabin (with the notable exception of our counselor).’
- ‘I don't know if that's true, but I've heard of stories from bunkmates I've had.’
- ‘Shai picked up a ringing cellphone for his absent army bunkmate with the intention of taking a message.’
- ‘Once, as I reached up to hoist myself onto a top bunk, a particularly annoying bunkmate cried, ‘What's THAT!’’
- ‘The veteran counselor at residential camp may understand that almost all homesick campers will have a successful summer, but just try telling that to the crying camper who refuses to meet his bunkmates - let alone go to the first activity.’
- ‘Ever since she had started going to camp four years earlier and bunkmates would ask where she was from, my daughter was greeted with alarm: ‘Isn't Brooklyn dangerous?’’
- ‘‘Wake up!‘one of my father's bunkmates, Russell Streigel, shouted at my still sleeping father early one Sunday morning on base.’
- ‘He didn't like Clayton very much either, despite the fact that they were bunkmates, but Kyle was more tolerant than I was so I was the one who had to hate him.’
- ‘The best thing you can do is take the high road and ignore any bunkmate baddies.’
- ‘I have five bunkmates… Pug-Face (her name is Kelly), Melanie, Jenny, Janet, and then Kendra.’
- ‘This got David busy and built a first connection with a bunkmate - but not in a spot (the middle of campus) that would make him feet overly serf-conscious.’
- ‘This year, though, you can't help feeling you're a little more, well, mature than your bunkmates.’
- ‘Her soft-spoken boyfriend and bunkmate, Tommy Caldwell, 22, is from Colorado.’
- ‘None of the routine separations the rest of us can count on - whether between day and night, safety and danger, duty and off-duty, or colleagues and bunkmates - pertains.’
- ‘‘Thanks for the Memory’: Hoping to help his depressed bunkmate, Lister gives Rimmer his memory of a very special girl.’
- ‘When I told my bunkmates about my father and I, they didn't seem like the people that, after hearing that would tell anyone, but by the end of the week everyone knew the whole story.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.