One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by blisters or bullae on the skin.
- ‘Included in this group is pemphigus vulgaris, a bullous disease involving the skin and mucous membranes, which may be fatal if not treated with appropriate immunosuppressive agents.’
- ‘There can be an inflammatory response with lymphocytes, eosinophils, and edema, which can result in a bullous reaction on sun-exposed skin.’
- ‘Epidermolysis bullosa is a group of rare, inherited bullous disorders characterized by blister formation in the epidermal layer secondary to mechanical trauma.’
- ‘Pemphigus vulgaris is an autoimmune bullous disease of the skin that usually occurs in adults and is rare in children.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis of bullous impetigo includes thermal burns, blistering disorders, and Stevens-Johnson syndrome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.