One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Last week he was bullishly demanding a bigger share of the spoils by calling for the opportunity to buy breakfast station GMTV.’
- ‘In the aftermath of departure from Europe on Wednesday night, Ferguson bullishly claimed that his team had been the best in the country since the festive season.’
- ‘‘The numbers speak for themselves,’ Berwin says bullishly.’
- ‘‘I always thought you judged a race after it's over,’ he says bullishly.’
- ‘In May 2003, O'Neill took me round the building before it shut its doors and explained bullishly what was to be done.’
- ‘Ed, however, remains bullishly optimistic, as this new series reveals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.