One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to an anatomical bulb, especially the medulla oblongata.
- ‘These included redness in conjunctiva with prominent bulbar vessels, congestion of nasal mucosa and dermatological ailments.’
- ‘Involvement of the cranial nerves may cause bulbar paralysis.’
- ‘Merrill identified and located various types of bulbar respiratory neurons and identified the dorsal and ventral groups.’
- ‘The inferior palpebral part and the bulbar part are continuous along a line of reflection (inferior conjunctival fornix).’
- ‘The infant with botulism becomes progressively weak, hypotonic and hyporeflexic, showing bulbar and spinal nerve abnormalities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.