Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to an anatomical bulb, especially the medulla oblongata.
- ‘Merrill identified and located various types of bulbar respiratory neurons and identified the dorsal and ventral groups.’
- ‘The inferior palpebral part and the bulbar part are continuous along a line of reflection (inferior conjunctival fornix).’
- ‘Involvement of the cranial nerves may cause bulbar paralysis.’
- ‘The infant with botulism becomes progressively weak, hypotonic and hyporeflexic, showing bulbar and spinal nerve abnormalities.’
- ‘These included redness in conjunctiva with prominent bulbar vessels, congestion of nasal mucosa and dermatological ailments.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.