One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to an anatomical bulb, especially the medulla oblongata.
- ‘The inferior palpebral part and the bulbar part are continuous along a line of reflection (inferior conjunctival fornix).’
- ‘These included redness in conjunctiva with prominent bulbar vessels, congestion of nasal mucosa and dermatological ailments.’
- ‘The infant with botulism becomes progressively weak, hypotonic and hyporeflexic, showing bulbar and spinal nerve abnormalities.’
- ‘Merrill identified and located various types of bulbar respiratory neurons and identified the dorsal and ventral groups.’
- ‘Involvement of the cranial nerves may cause bulbar paralysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.