One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of grasses.
- ‘All need water in addition to rainfall, but Bermuda grass, buffalo grass and the improved tall fescues need the least.’
- ‘The rest of the property is planted with native grasses, including blue grama and buffalo grass.’
- ‘Sideoats grama, buffalo grass, sagebrush, yucca and prickly pear cactus are also common on the canyon floor and walls.’
- ‘In fact, they were in such danger of getting lost in the tall buffalo grass that grew there then that they drove wooden stakes into the ground higher than the grass to help them find their way back.’
- ‘The problem was that the head-high buffalo grass that thrived in the thin topsoil had slowly adapted to its deceptively hostile environment over several thousand years.’
buffalo grass/ˈbəf(ə)ˌlō ɡras/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.