Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A movie portraying a close friendship between two people, especially between two men.
- ‘Good-natured, hopeful and well-intentioned, the French film Monsieur Ibrahim is the sort of bittersweet coming-of-age buddy movie that will undoubtedly fare well with bourgeois art-house audiences the world over.’
- ‘It's a fairly funny buddy movie, in the tradition of Wilson and Jackie Chan in their Shanghai series.’
- ‘It is at once a coming of age story, a rite of passage, a road trip and a buddy movie.’
- ‘The series is really an extended buddy movie, set in hip Manhattan bars and not in muddy trenches.’
- ‘For the film industry, the biracial buddy movie attracts the broadest audience by appealing to both white and black audiences.’
buddy movie/ˈbədē ˈmo͞ovē/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.