One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movie portraying a close friendship between two people, especially between two men.
- ‘It's a fairly funny buddy movie, in the tradition of Wilson and Jackie Chan in their Shanghai series.’
- ‘It is at once a coming of age story, a rite of passage, a road trip and a buddy movie.’
- ‘Good-natured, hopeful and well-intentioned, the French film Monsieur Ibrahim is the sort of bittersweet coming-of-age buddy movie that will undoubtedly fare well with bourgeois art-house audiences the world over.’
- ‘The series is really an extended buddy movie, set in hip Manhattan bars and not in muddy trenches.’
- ‘For the film industry, the biracial buddy movie attracts the broadest audience by appealing to both white and black audiences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.