Free of charge.‘a buckshee brandy’
free, gratis, complimentary, voluntary, volunteer, unpaid, unrewarded, unsalaried, free of charge, without charge, for nothing, at no cost, without paymentView synonyms
- ‘And no wonder, for although some counselling services are free, or at least buckshee at the point of delivery, others charge exorbitant rates.’
- ‘The trip across was fairly smooth & we arrived in London at 12.20 pm where I ate several buckshee sandwiches.’
- ‘In many of the worlds' bigger airports, the homeless and the dispossessed and the plain crooked are increasingly congregating, realising the scope they provide for buckshee food, drink, beds and bathroom facilities.’
- ‘Though Butch generally avoided alcohol he couldn't resist this buckshee booze, he drank a few bottles and loaded four crates into the back of the wagon for the lads’
- ‘Journalists looked up from their buckshee Jacob's Creek and marketing men took their clammy hands from their secretaries' knees.’
World War I (originally soldiers' slang): alteration of baksheesh.