One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rodeo event in which a rider attempts to stay in the saddle of a bucking horse for a period of eight seconds.as modifier ‘a buckjumping event’
- ‘In 1944 Lance junior, though injured, won the Australian buckjumping and bulldogging titles.’
- ‘Once the war began, uniformed Americans participated in an inter-service contest for buckjumping and bareback riding at Wirth's Circus, Melbourne, in early 1943.’
- ‘The travelling buckjumping shows, able to attract large crowds when riders with the grace and showmanship of Lance Skuthorpe were involved, were at their height after 1900.’
- ‘The royal visitors were provided with `a varied programme of kangaroo and emu hunting, buckjumping, with exhibitions of shearing etc.’
- ‘The Warwick Rodeo can trace its roots back to 1857 where records indicate the first professional buckjumping contest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.