One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their bulls and buckjumpers have made many a cowboy shake in his boots and we meet the legendary ‘Bambi’ who is now retired on the family property, heading up the breeding program of future champion buckers.’
- ‘In later years the Merry Muster Association had its own herd of top class buckjumpers which ran on Brightlands and Devoncourt Stations throughout the year.’
- ‘Jack & his Dad used to do a lot of blacksmithing, and as a young man Jack rode countless buckjumpers in his old poley saddle.’
- ‘When Buddy yarned to various people, he'd say; he'd never known a rider, (woman or man), as talented as Kitty when dealing with a horse, and more particularly, a buckjumper.’
- ‘In his early teens he was breaking-in homebred Thoroughbreds for the racetrack and Australian Stock Horses for the polocrosse pitch, as well as getting flung off the odd buckjumper or two at the local rodeo!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.