One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small flowerless green plant of the division Bryophyta, which comprises the mosses and liverworts.
- ‘The primary objective of this study was to document the lichens, bryophytes and vascular plants present at the High Line.’
- ‘These features also occur in spores of bryophytes and some pteridophytes.’
- ‘Simple trichomes are present on aerial surfaces of most angiosperms and on some gymnosperms and bryophytes.’
- ‘For the last category, we used aligned sequences of the five genes of a lycopod and a bryophyte.’
- ‘Copia group sequences have been found in diverse species, including single-cell algae, bryophytes, gymnosperms, and angiosperms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.