Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small flowerless green plant of the division "Bryophyta", which comprises the mosses and liverworts.
- ‘The primary objective of this study was to document the lichens, bryophytes and vascular plants present at the High Line.’
- ‘These features also occur in spores of bryophytes and some pteridophytes.’
- ‘Copia group sequences have been found in diverse species, including single-cell algae, bryophytes, gymnosperms, and angiosperms.’
- ‘Simple trichomes are present on aerial surfaces of most angiosperms and on some gymnosperms and bryophytes.’
- ‘For the last category, we used aligned sequences of the five genes of a lycopod and a bryophyte.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.