Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small flowerless green plant of the division "Bryophyta", which comprises the mosses and liverworts.
- ‘These features also occur in spores of bryophytes and some pteridophytes.’
- ‘Copia group sequences have been found in diverse species, including single-cell algae, bryophytes, gymnosperms, and angiosperms.’
- ‘Simple trichomes are present on aerial surfaces of most angiosperms and on some gymnosperms and bryophytes.’
- ‘For the last category, we used aligned sequences of the five genes of a lycopod and a bryophyte.’
- ‘The primary objective of this study was to document the lichens, bryophytes and vascular plants present at the High Line.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.