Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for coyote
- ‘Maybe you will hear the yips of some brush wolves running across the lake.’
- ‘Since August, the team has been tracking brush wolves in the Burwash and Killarney area to study their predation on the reintroduced elk population.’
- ‘Many times a wounded deer will escape from an attack by brush wolves, but eventually die from wounds inflicted and/or the result of infection.’
- ‘White-tailed deer and brush wolves are present even today, but, like many other mammals, are difficult to detect.’
- ‘I also recall O.L. Butcher writing about brush wolves in the Adirondacks years before I was born.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.