One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It seems to me that we can exhort and hope all we want to, but the imposition of blackness, brownness, yellowness or redness is not something an individual controls.’
- ‘The dress brings out the brownness in your eyes.’
- ‘Cooking them to the right level of brownness was more difficult.’
- ‘This was all just prelude to the cloud of monkeys that not long after passed like a vast red-faced brownness through our little patch of blue sky.’
- ‘Asian migrants can gain access into the nation - at least into the nation's widening periphery - by approximating blackness (or brownness or redness, for that matter) rather than whiteness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.