One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal of a brown breed of dairy cattle, originally bred in Switzerland.
- ‘Unimproved cattle similar to the Brown Swiss have been in this territory for a considerable period of time.’
- ‘Depanding on the results obtained it is concluded that Simmentals are suitable for our country condition and they are more efficient than Brown Swisses in some respects.’
- ‘American Brown Swiss have since spread throughout the world, including Europe, especially after the introduction of artificial insemination in the 1960s.’
- ‘A Brown Swiss cow on pasture at Shelburne Farms will produce an average of 50 pounds of milk per day.’
- ‘Taylor's and Garst's championship titles helped Maryland earn the state herd honors for Brown Swiss in the Premier National Junior Show.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.