Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An animal of a brown breed of dairy cattle, originally bred in Switzerland.
- ‘A Brown Swiss cow on pasture at Shelburne Farms will produce an average of 50 pounds of milk per day.’
- ‘Depanding on the results obtained it is concluded that Simmentals are suitable for our country condition and they are more efficient than Brown Swisses in some respects.’
- ‘Taylor's and Garst's championship titles helped Maryland earn the state herd honors for Brown Swiss in the Premier National Junior Show.’
- ‘Unimproved cattle similar to the Brown Swiss have been in this territory for a considerable period of time.’
- ‘American Brown Swiss have since spread throughout the world, including Europe, especially after the introduction of artificial insemination in the 1960s.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.