One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The practice of bringing one's own packed lunch to work.
- ‘Hands down, brown-bagging is the best way to avoid all the bad-for-you stuff.’
- ‘If you want to eat exactly what you like and what gives you energy, and you want to know for sure what's in your lunch, then brown-bagging is a great option.’
- ‘Brown bagging is the way to go.’
2The practice of bringing one's own liquor to a restaurant or club that cannot sell alcoholic beverages.
- ‘Wine or beer isn't available in this dry county, but brown-bagging is allowed.’
- ‘Call ahead to make sure that brown bagging is allowed where you're going.’
- ‘Brown bagging is allowed at the Junction and we will label it at the door for you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.