One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The practice of bringing one's own packed lunch to work.
- ‘Brown bagging is the way to go.’
- ‘If you want to eat exactly what you like and what gives you energy, and you want to know for sure what's in your lunch, then brown-bagging is a great option.’
- ‘Hands down, brown-bagging is the best way to avoid all the bad-for-you stuff.’
2The practice of bringing one's own liquor to a restaurant or club that cannot sell alcoholic beverages.
- ‘Brown bagging is allowed at the Junction and we will label it at the door for you.’
- ‘Wine or beer isn't available in this dry county, but brown-bagging is allowed.’
- ‘Call ahead to make sure that brown bagging is allowed where you're going.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.