One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Feelings of humanity and compassion toward one's fellow humans.
- ‘Philadelphia is the city of brotherly love.’
- ‘And yes, I thank you for your kindness and your genuine gesture of brotherly love.’
- ‘Brotherly love comes at a price, it seems.’
- ‘A Roman story makes them out to be mortals whom Zeus lofted into the heavens in recognition of their brotherly love.’
- ‘We will be together in the historic city of Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love.’
- ‘Behind this is no ordinary story of brotherly love.’
- ‘For all its brotherly love, this is not a chummy tale.’
- ‘Brotherly love never willingly leaves one to perish in his ignorance, errors or vices.’
- ‘It was brotherly love, he insisted.’
- ‘Put the emphasis on offering brotherly love rather than advice.’
- ‘Instead, this brief but ugly lapse of brotherly love is getting harsh national attention.’
- ‘That could have been the subtitle of this ode to heroism and brotherly love.’
- ‘In New York, a city not known for brotherly love, neighbours are helping neighbours.’
- ‘The ending is well done, if not totally unexpected, and is heavy of nostalgia and brotherly love.’
- ‘They worked the farm together for years in brotherly love.’
- ‘Sensing the lack of brotherly love, Harpring decided to see who else was interested.’
- ‘Christians have occasionally suggested that all of society should run on an ethic of brotherly love.’
- ‘He goes on to point out that under repentance he includes brotherly love.’
- ‘His method was the method of peaceful persuasion, to be preached in a spirit of brotherly love.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the brotherly love took all of a year to fizzle out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.