One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cosmetic liquid or powder applied to the skin to give it color or shine, typically to give the appearance of a suntan.
- ‘You no longer have to wear those ridiculous uniforms, the green hair dye, nor the skin bronzer.’
- ‘And don't overdo pressed or loose powders over a bronzer.’
- ‘While self-tanners can give your skin a sun-kissed look, bronzers offer an instant alternative with no long-term commitment, says Julie Hewett, a Los Angeles-based celebrity makeup artist.’
- ‘Buying my bronzer in the chemists yesterday lunchtime, the sweet little old lady at the till smiled at me and said: ‘Ooh, going anywhere nice?’’
- ‘Lotions are the easiest to use but take about 30 minutes to dry, and, to prevent mistakes, products with instant bronzers help highlight where you did, or didn't, apply.’
- ‘Make sure you get a bronzer that is on the yellow/gold side, other than the pink tinted ones, which are meant more for pale skin girls (unless your face is usually on the redder side then I suggest getting the pink toned one).’
- ‘To avoid the monochromatic look that can result from using bronzers, use a bit of colour on the cheek for a natural sun-kissed look.’
- ‘If you want the golden glow of a tan without exposure to damaging UV light, consider using sunless tanning products or bronzers.’
- ‘I've got it down to under three minutes; this includes putting on eyeshadow and eye liner, curling my lashes, applying mascara, using a lash comb, applying concealer, powder, a bronzer, blush, lip liner, and lip gloss.’
- ‘Opt instead to put a fresh face forward by smoothing on a bronzer, tinted moisturizer or light-diffusing product that's lightweight, yet will still even out your skin tone.’
- ‘They get it in an instant with the right bronzers and blushes.’
- ‘Fine says using them requires a bit more makeup savvy than using bronzers, because highlighters require precise blending.’
- ‘After evening out my skin tone with foundation and powder, Veronica dusted on a light bronzer for color and a soft pink blush to give my cheeks a rosy glow.’
- ‘For faster results, consider using a bronzer.’
- ‘Now, I've researched the best and most affordable self-tanners and bronzers that not only make you look great but also are not harmful to your health and can make you look just as natural as the sun would.’
- ‘So, just about every issue of Seventeen and YM advertise the hair dye, the make-up, the bronzer, and even the clothing.’
- ‘Powdered bronzer, applied lightly all over the face, can also help camouflage over-indulgences, says New York City-based makeup artist Maria Verel.’
- ‘OK, since I'm not a fan of the tanned look, I'll definitely not be buying the bronzer, but I'm interested in the eye shadow.’
- ‘When it comes to beauty, sometimes it's the little things you do that make all the difference: swiping on a bright lipstick, dusting on bronzer to give your skin a glow and, on hair, adding a touch of unexpected brightness.’
- ‘Natalie Miller, a Los Angeles makeup artist, also suggests using gel bronzers since they're lightweight and absorb quickly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.